Thursday, February 10, 2011

RSA Conference 2011 is next week


I hope to see everyone in San Francisco next week during the RSA Conference 2011 festivities. I am so glad to have RSA return to its February dates - I am in big time need of a warm sun, green grass, and lively security discussions!

I am participating in a couple of sessions that I’m very excited about:

Monday finds me moderating a panel of network security experts for the Trusted Computing Group’s workshop on IF-MAP. This is good stuff with the content provided by industry experts and not vendors. It would be well worth your time on Monday to check out: TCG-001 – Can You Trust Your Enterprise? Top Analysts & Implementers Debate Using Trusted Computing is in Orange Room 301 starting at 11:00.

Friday is my presentation on the demise of HIPS. It is sad, but the time has come with the retirement of Cisco CSA. I’ve put some intriguing ideas on how to use whitelisting to plug some of the holes that AV misses. The details: TECH-403 – Is it Time to Put HIPS in the Recycle Bin? is Friday at 11:20 in Orange Room 307.

RSA is easily the best security event of the year – if you can only go to one event, this is the one to choose. Please take advantage of resources that can be critical to your plans for 2011:

Seek out networking opportunities with fellow security professionals. Share experiences and plans – you will be surprised at the tips you will pick up.

Attend sessions that broaden your security knowledge. This is a fabulous chance to learn about security issues before they become a challenge for your business. In particular, I would recommend Steve Orrin’s session on virtualization security as well as sessions from the Cloud Security Alliance. The lineup of sessions with abstracts is found here.

Talk with vendors in the exhibit hall for demos and discussions with how the product can work in your environment.

Enjoy the show and I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment