Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Lumension adds AV to endpoint security offering

Lumension continues to put together the critical pieces of an endpoint security solution. In addition to patching vulnerabilities to reduce the risk of an exploit and application whitelisting with device control to reduce the risk of an attack modifying software, Lumension now adds an attack-centric AV layer to eradicate known threats. Defense in depth only really works if each layer adds a unique complementary technology approach. That way, whatever threat one approach might miss, the next approach is likely to catch. The addition of AV to patching and applicatino whitelisting is a good approach that should work well for Lumension's customers.

I supported Lumension's release activity with the following quote:

Eric Ogren, Principal Analyst, Ogren Group
“As the explosion of viruses and data-stealing crimeware continues to wreak havoc on corporate networks, IT administrators need to take an increasingly more proactive and blended approach to endpoint protection. Lumension now offers solution layers that close system vulnerabilities, identify and remove attacks, and protect against malware from Web 2.0 threats. Organizations that adopt such a coordinated defense will be better-suited to protect against threats, keeping their network, endpoints, and business resistant to the daily influx of newborn malware.”

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I understand this is sort of off-topic however I had
    to ask. Does building a well-established blog such as yours take a large amount of work?
    I am brand new to operating a blog however I do write in my journal every day.
    I'd like to start a blog so I can share my own experience and thoughts online. Please let me know if you have any recommendations or tips for brand new aspiring bloggers. Thankyou!

    Feel free to visit my weblog; clases de musica

    ReplyDelete